Home Forums SYSTEM SNR

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      feras
      Participant

hello everybody,
      please how can we see the SNR value in both transmitter and receiver? , is there any component show this parameter ? and if not how we can get it please ?
      thank you

alistu
      Participant

Hi Feras,

You can use electrical/optical power meter visualizers for this purpose. These visualizers can determine signal power and noise power and make is possible to calculate signal-to-noise ratio. Also, SNR can be determined by BER analyzer using project browser to makes plots if necessary.

Regards

feras
      Participant

hello alistu
      thank you for your replay , but where i i can find the SNR in project browser with BER analyzer?

alistu
        Participant

I think I have made a mistake. It seems that the BER analyzer also gives the values for signal power and noise power separately like the ones when electrical/optical power meter visualizers are used. I checked it but did not find any SNR values in project browser. Sorry for the mistake.

feras
          Participant

ok thank you very much for your interested , i will use the power metric
          thank you

Mohamed Ben zegalam
      Participant

Hi Feras,

you can use the Electrical carrier analyser to measure the SNR for the electrical mode, and WDM analyser to measure OSNR for optical mode.

feras
        Participant

thank you mohamed
        i tried them and they was helpful thank you for your helping and interested again
        Regards.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.