Home Forums SYSTEM Single Pulse Transmission

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      Do you have an idea how to simulate single pulse transmission in Optisystem. I want to send 10ns single pulse to an SMF fiber with total round trip 2Km for example.And when the signal come back,the other will be sent and so on.
      Thank You

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Mohamed, can’t you use a train of pulses where the period is the transit time of the fiber?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Alessandro, My I ask why you have suggested using pulse train with a period equal to the transmit time of the fiber? This way each pulse reaches the next pulse when they reach the other side of the line and therefore, at the receiver we have one single long pulse with a length much greater than what we want.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello mohamad
      Do you want to work on optical memories? Because i have seen similar requirement of a forum paticipant to make a optical me.ory by sending pulse by pulse using a smf for feedback?I will try to gi e you that link ,first i want to get approvL from you.Because am not sure about you objective and need more elaboration

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hi Alessandro ,firstly thank you for participating the discussion,I agree with alistu, the delay and congestion will shut down the whole design.
      I need to work with a single pulse, i.e. Only one single pulse accommodated by 1 bit generated by the pattern generator, for the whole round trip,and when that one single signal finishes its journy, the second signal launched. It can be done by adjusting the bit length in the main layout, but the bit rate you used will control the pulse width. The problem of necessary matching between the main layout bit rate and the pulse width is our problem.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Mohamed, I actually hadn’t understood correctly what you had asked until now. I think Alessandro’s suggestion is practical. If you want to make sure no interference occurs and so on, the only thing you should do is consider the period more than the transmit time of the fiber, and not exactly equal to it.

Cheers!

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hi Sam Sung,I am preparing a case study related to single pulse transmission and a coded once, a simple study right now and not related to optical memories. But anyway, please if you got any progress related, please let me know. Thank you

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Team, I tried to generate the signal in a separate layout, with a main bit rate 10M, to get a signal width of 10ns, then I saved it into a file (with the help of Save to file tool, from the library tools) then I went to my main layout, assign the bit rate to KHZ and imported the signal saved previously, by using load from file tool, any way, the loading is not possible because mismatching of frequencies as I read in the warning.

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hello alistu, yes, just now I realized Alessandro suggestion, yes,it would be great in practice. What I am trying to ask is that, is it possible in Optisystem to maintain the pulse width at particular width (such as 10 ns) while work in the main layout with KHZs bit rate? Thank you

alistu
        Participant

I don’t think bit rate and pulse width have much to do with one another other than the fact that pulse broadening caused by channel dispersion might cause interference between subsequent pulses. In the case you are asking about, the dispersion caused by SMF of length 2 km may not be able to cause interference I think.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Mohamed ,here the link of optical memories i was taking about.Damian attached a screen shot how to make it.I hope you will get any idea from the discussion.Find the link given below

Please someone help: Problem with Feed back loop

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Thank you very much Sam Sung, am viewing the solution now,appreciated.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome mohamed,damian suggested this to other forum member and i have also tried to make this just for kbowledge.Its my pleasure that you will get any helo from link i have suggested.Share if you have any new idea or problem with system to enhance your knowlegde as well as ours.

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Thanks very much dear, this is very helpful,would like to thank Damian also. This is to simulate single pulse with Gaussian pulse generator, is there any possibility to simulate the single pulse transmission when using CW laser source and Bit sequence gen in addition to MZM modulator?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.