Home Forums SYSTEM Single Pulse Transmission

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hello everybody, This is just to make better explanation for my problem, I meant by single pulse, is to have a single pulse inside the fiber with a certain width (much less than the fiber length) travel forth and back (round trip journey) and by the time finishing its journey, the second pulse should be shot by the laser (without overlapping). Thus the repetition rate of the laser should depend on the length of fiber (f = 1/t where t = 2*n*d/c). t is the elapsed time or round trip time, and f is the repetition rate frequency (bit/s). Unfortunately in optisystem the time window is arbitrarily depend on bit rate so it is hard to set the desired bit rate of the bit sequence component. when the bit rate of the individual component set to normal (independent of global parameter) the system wont give any result. please do help in this

alistu
      Participant

Hi Mohamed, Please attach you osd file if it’s possible. Thank you.

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hello alistu, the attached osd file contains on the simplest form of the transmission I want to work with. the round trip time in this case is 9.73 microsecond, I entered it as a time window, but this makes the pulse width near 10 micro second also. What I want to do is to send one single pulse with a width of 10 ns, or any pulse width I need to use without the control of the main layout of the pulse width.
      Thank you

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.