Home Forums SYSTEM Single mode fiber with WDM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

I’m using wave division multiplexing with matlab component that simulate single mode fiber.
      The SMF is modeled using Manakov equation that contain combination of individual channels and the effect of other channels.
      The problem is with the output of WDM MUX which produce single vector represent all the channels.
      This vector may be summation of all the channels or averaging.
      How can I use Manakov equation or nonlinear Schrodinger equation with this single vector

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Abdallah,

When you say single vector representation do you mean that the different wavelength channels are now represented as a single channel with a center wavelength that is close to the average?

I think this simplifies your work as there is only one channel to worry about. For example, XPM becomes only SPM. The only difficulty is that your sampled signal needs to have a large enough bandwidth (I.E. sample rate) to contain the entire range of channels.

Regards

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

thanks Damian,
      Your opinion is very good but what about the frequency that I should use in the equation.
      The frequency of The WDM signal samples is exist around center channel but when I use it, It produce periodic running for the input signal so its position with current will be changed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.