Home Forums SYSTEM sine generator

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      love kumar
      Participant

hii all

how we can change phase units from degree to radian in sine generator in optisys 14… any option

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Love Kumar,

I think you are referring to the phase that is by default 90 deg. i am also not finding the menu while clicking the deg under units menu. it would be easy if you convert the angle in radian to degree using the relation below.

Regards,
      Dhiman

HELLO LOVE KUMAR
      well as far as optisystem is concerned there aint any such option to convert the phase from degree to radians directly..Dhiman is right in saying that you can manipulate the phase by conversions and putting the desired results..
      Thanks and regards

love kumar
      Participant

hi dhiman.. fayiqa.. i agree with your sugeestion .. but whatever the value we enter in phase tab of sine generator will b consider in degree.. bocoz unit remain in degree

HI LOVE KUMAR
        I guess you have got the answer that there aint any option for that but as i had suggested in previous post that you could make these changes by using MATLAB code..one thing you can do is convert the phase from degrees to radians using a MATLAB module..i guess this could be a way easier way to do it..i hope you get what i am trying to say..i hope it helps u in a good way..
        Thanks and regards
        Fayiqa

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi love kumar,
        it will definitely be in degree whatever you enter in the box. but i mean to say was e.g. if you need to put pi/4 radian, you just put 45 deg there. Furthermore I am attaching herewith a conversion chart. please have a look may find it helpful.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Attachments:
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Love Kumar,
      I agree with Fayiqa ma’m and Dhiman that There is no option to change phase in degree to phase in radian in optisystem 14 or any other versions, you can use mathematical conversion formula for this.

Attachments:
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Love Kumar,

I agree with Fayiqa Naqshbandhi and Dhiman Kakati that there isnt any option to change phase in degree to phase in radian as far as the optisystem 14 or any other versions of the optisytem software is concerne, you can use mathematical conversion formula as attached by both Ranjeet and Dhiman Kakati…. Hope it helps…

Regards

Sahil Singh

MHD NA
      Participant

i had suggested in previous post that you could make these changes by using MATLAB code..one thing you can do is convert the phase from degrees to radians using a MATLAB module..i guess this could be a way easier way to do it

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

hi all,

Indeed converting the phase from degrees to radians using a Matlab module is a lot easier…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.