Home Forums BPM Simulation of an optical fiber with core only

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Shihab Adnan
      Participant

Dear All

I am new in using this software and i couldn’t find any topics related to this in the forum.

I have this biodegradable bioglass with refractive index=1.45. Diameter of the fiber is 100 micron. Length is 75 mm. This biodegradable fiber is submerged in a solution of refractive index 1.33. I energize the fiber at one end with 632 nm polarized red laser. So the glass acts as core while the surrounding liquid acts as cladding. Now this glass dissolves in this liquid within 3-4 days. From my experiment i saw that the transmitted power from the other end of fiber is getting small over the time as expected. I would like to simulate this structure in Optiwave software. If anyone can give me a brief instruction on which software package to use and how to do, it would be best. Also i would like to know the loss factor like Rayleigh scattering, material absorption etc.

For now i am considering uniform degradation of the core but later i would like to add irregular surface to identify the affect of irregular surface on scattered power.

I attached a sample diagram of what is my experiment looks like in the attachment.

Thanks in advance for your support and Regards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.