Home Forums SYSTEM Simulating multrate signals in Optisystem

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Fredy Francis
      Participant

I am not able to run OptiSystem simulations where I have 2 different modulation frequencies – that are orders of magnitude different from each other. So, any ideas as to how to set the simulation window and visualizer parameters so as to visualize and analyze both data rates.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Fredy,
      Use 3R Regenerator in front of the BER analyzer and select Component Properties, then set the proper data rate for the regenerator.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Fredy,
      Use 3R Regenerator in front of the BER analyzer and select Component Properties, then set the proper data rate for the regenerator.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Fredy Francis
      Participant

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try 🙂

Fredy Francis
      Participant

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try 🙂

Fredy Francis
      Participant

So, its not a problem at the visualization level. OS is not able to RUN the simulation when there is a GHz and a KHz bit rate generator is present in the same WDM system.

Fredy Francis
      Participant

So, its not a problem at the visualization level. OS is not able to RUN the simulation when there is a GHz and a KHz bit rate generator is present in the same WDM system.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Fredy,
      I think the issue is related to the frequency window setting (sample rate) in the project layout parameters window. You need to make sure that this window include both signals to allow the simulation.
      You may email me your project as a zip file to check it out. My email is ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      I need to know the version of OptiSystem that you use and your institution name. Also, if you have valid maintenance and support license.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Fredy,
      I think the issue is related to the frequency window setting (sample rate) in the project layout parameters window. You need to make sure that this window include both signals to allow the simulation.
      You may email me your project as a zip file to check it out. My email is ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      I need to know the version of OptiSystem that you use and your institution name. Also, if you have valid maintenance and support license.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.