Home Forums SYSTEM SIM MODULATION

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jagan padhy
      Participant

Dear sir/madam,
      anyone please clear my doubts regarding the modulations technique used in optical system
      1. Is there any difference between normal PSK/QAM modulation and SIM based PSK/QAM modulation. Or by default the normal PSK/QAM modulations are also known as SIM based modulation in optical.
      2. The sample files of advanced modulation( PSK/QAM) in optisystem given are based on SIM(subcarrier intensity modulation) or normal modulation.
      3. If it is not SIM based then please give me a sample file on sim based modulation. I am using the Optisystem 15 with valid licence.
      Thank you

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Jagan,
      Subcarrier modulation can be used in any coherent modulation system using the OFDM Modulation and OFDM Demodulation components. If these components are not used in the project, there is no subcarrier part. Please refer to the examples located at the following link on OFDM Modulation for different coherent systems. please contact me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com if you need to discuss further.
      C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\OptiSystem 17.0 Samples\Advanced modulation systems\OFDM systems
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.