Home Forums FIBER Signal after bidirectional Fiber

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello everyone.

I am facing a problem with my transmission in the channel. I was using a Single mode fiber first. Now i replaced it with the bidirectional fiber present in the fiber library but now what i see i am not getting anything on the optical spectrum analyzer. And also the eye diagram vanished too.
      Can you people tell me what could be the issue. I don’t know if there is some wrong in using the bidirectional fiber. I do not see any waveform even after i changed many of the parameters.
      I hope someone helps me. looking forward to hear from you people.
      Thanking you all in anticipation.

Regards
      Atul Sharma

jyoti raina
      Spectator

Hi Atul Sir..
      the link which you had pasted on the previous post is the solution for working of bidirectional fiber.. They have mentioned three ways to insert delay there..i think that should solve this problem of yours too.. i hope it solves bidirectional fiber problem..
      With regards
      jyoti raina

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello jyoti. Greetings from my side.

Well yeah you have got it right. The link posted by Dhiman was indeed very very useful and it mentions all the required factors to run a simulation and get waveforms of the signals or wavelengths on the optical spectrum analyzer. I have followed those steps and it worked out but still in upstream i get no response.
        Shall look into it. Thanks Anyways.

With Regards
        Atul Sharma

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Atul Sharma, If it is possible please upload your design to have a look where exactly the problem is. and want to add one more thing that put optical power meter at some places such as after the laser, transmitter, fiber and analyze the power at the input of the receiver. It happened many a times in my designs that the CW laser does not have any output signal. depending on the component where -100 dBm power is noticed please try to replace. doing this way helped me a lot.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Dhiman. Greetings.
        Thank you so much for showing such concern. I appreciate you for your efforts. Thank you so much the link you posted was indeed very very helpful. But now i am facing other problem in the upstream. I shall Upload the simulation osd file. Please check it and see if you get any response in the upstream. Thanking you in anticipation.

With regards
        atul Sharma

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Sorry it did not get attached here. I am attaching it again please find it here. Thank you.
      With Regards
      Atul Sharma

Attachments:
        Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hello Atul Sharma,
        You are most welcome and thank you for providing the design, I will try to analyze where nay the problem and let you know If i could solve your problem.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,
          your file is exactly same as that of BPON bidirectional design available in the sample. You are not getting a good result because at the ONU dynamic Y select N*1 component is missing. Please find the original attached file here. Thanking you.

Regards,
          Dhiman

Ubaid Bhat
      Participant

HI Atul sharma…
      Well i think you have already used the delay components and still you are not getting any response for the upstream. i think it might be because of the noise in the system. You can use a filter to get the signal and filter the noise.hope your problem gets solved by using the filter.
      with regards
      ubaid bhat

varinder singh
      Participant

hiii atul…
      the problem which you are facing may be due to broken if the fiber ..please check the fiber or replace it with new one..may be something happen..
      with regards varinder singh rajput

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.