Home Forums FDTD Setting up geometry for random rough surface

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sumeet kumar
      Participant

Dear all

I am trying to set up structure for random rough surfaces. Root mean square of height and correlation length are two parameters which are used to characterize the roughness. While setting the geometry these parameters should not get effected. For doing this we need to provide very high resolution like dividing the surface into almost 60000 surface points.
      I was trying to divide the profile into a set of blocks. But making too many blocks is very difficult. Also I am not sure whether we can provide how much memory for setting the geometry.
      Is there any simpler way to do this analysis?

Thanks
      Sumeet

Scott Newman

You will run into both memory issues as well as issues with our rendering engine if you were to try to create 60k objects in an OptiFDTD. the product can be run in “batch mode” from the command line where you can setup scripts to create the geometry, run, and analyze the results and therefore bypassing the GUI. You may still run into memory issues with that many components but that is the route I would suggest.

Instructions for running in batch mode can be found in the user reference in the help menu.

We are working on a component which can handle this kind of structure but it will be some time before that makes it to a releease.

Scott

sumeet kumar
      Participant

Thanks Mr Newman

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.