Home Forums GENERAL sequence length

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Doaa Ali
      Participant

Hello
      please can anyone tell me how I can choose the appropriate sequence length and the order of a filter. Is there any way to find them depending on the system? Because sometimes I do not get any result but when I change the value of sequence length I get the result but still do not understand how it affects.
      Thank you

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Doaa,
      the sequence length is chosen based on the modulation type and depending on the system testing conditions. So, for a 16QAM modulation you need to have enough symbols to get all 16 possibilities, so it is not enough to use 128 bits as a sequence length and so forth. You must start with proper length. Please refer to the settings in the examples published with OptiSystem software located at the following link.
      Also, you need to be more realistic for random data transmission, which requires longer sequences. Typically, you start with low bits sequence then try to increase it the see if there is a large difference in performance. If there is you need to increase the sequence length.
      C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\OptiSystem 17.0 Samples\

Regards,
      Ahmad

Doaa Ali
        Participant

I got it, thanks with regards.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.