Home Forums SYSTEM Seed option

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Remo De Suza
      Participant

Hi everyone.

Actually I was designing my system and my results were not constant rather they were varying. But after the suggestions from the forum members i unchecked the “seed” option and the results were much constant after that. Now i want to ask what was happening in the former case that my results were varying and what made them to be constant.
      I hope for some answers.
      Thank you

Regards
      Remo

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Remo De Suza,
      with enabled “generate random seed” option the sequence of the bits or pattern of bits that will be generated will be different each time we run the design, by disabling this means each time the PRBS generator will generate the exact sequence of bits. Hope it helps.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Dhiman.
        Thank you so much for your concern. I got the answer and i appreciate your efforts for explaining it very well. I think this is the reason my results varied every time i simulated the design. Thank you again.

Regards
        Remo De’suza

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Remo. Greetings.

I agree with Dhiman. That is what enabling the ‘generate random seed’ does. And that is the reason you get different results every-time because every time your bit pattern is different and the results vary. I hope these answers satisfy you.

With regards
      Atul Sharma

Remo De Suza
        Participant

Hello Atul Sharma. Thank you So much.

Thank you so much for your concern. I got the answer and i appreciate your efforts for explaining it very well. I think this is the reason my results varied every time i simulated the design. Thank you again.

Regards
        Remo De’suza

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.