Home Forums GENERAL script writing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

dear all

i need the guide for script writing in optisystem 14.

for example; suppose i want to set different user defined apodization profiles for an fiber bragg grating like cauchy,sinc,cosine,etc,etc.

with regards
      aasif bashir dar

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aasif,

In order to use user defined apodization function for fiber bragg grating in OptiSystem, you should use a .dat file as far as I am concerned. You should import the file from your hard disk using the setting “apodization filename” available when you choose “user defined” option for apodization function.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

thanks alistu for ur reply

i didnt get that. please explain it for me.

alistu
        Participant

Please see the attached screen shot from FBG properties window. You can change the apodization function in the first line to “user defined” and the “apodization filename” will be accessible. Then you can address the .dat file from your computer hard disk by clicking on the small grey box next to “Apodization.dat”.

Attachments:
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

yes asif i have the same question

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

thanks alistu for ur reply

but we can also set mode(see ur attached screen shot) to sript.

i am talking about that, and i need help in that sript writing.

alistu
        Participant

I wanted to mention in my previous replies this can be done in two ways, with one being the script mode. But I have doubts about that being available in practice. It seems an option has to be used for “Apodization function” and as you can see, the script mode is available for “Apodization filename” either, while the Apodization filename has to be the address of a file, rather than any formula. In other words, I have doubts that the available script mode here could be used in practice. I hope Damian clarifies this.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

thanks for ur reply

i hope that some one clarifies this confusion

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.