Home Forums FDTD script run

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      giuseppina simone
      Participant

Hi I am running this tutorial

Gratings Created with VB Script

However, I met some troubles with the geometry, because it seems that running the suggested script does not give the grating.
      the for loop is not closed.
      Could someone help me?

Click “ Scripting” button to go to the scripting page. Modify the Linear2 code paragraph as the following:

Dim Linear2 for m=1 to 8

Set Linear2 = WGMgr.CreateObj ( “WGLinear”, “Linear2″+Cstr(m) ) Linear2.SetPosition 0.5+(m-1)*1.0, 0.05, 1+(m-1)*1.0, 0.05

Linear2.SetAttr “WidthExpr”, “0.1”

Linear2.SetAttr “Depth”, “0”

Linear2.SetAttr “StartThickness”, “0.000000” Linear2.SetAttr “EndThickness”, “0.000000” Linear2.SetProfileName “ChannelPro_n=3.14” Linear2.SetDefaultThicknessTaperMode True

Scott Newman

The end of the for is missing. on a new line after your last line write next and it should work. If you continue to have issues please attach your design file.

Scott

giuseppina simone
      Participant

Hi
      thank you for your answer.
      I am still playing with the grating structure and analyzing the possibility to change the refractive index of the structure named silicon in the tutorial https://optiwave.com/optifdtd-manuals/fdtd-transmission-and-reflection-spectrum-from-grating-unit-cell/.
      My model does not work, even if I have included the properties of the silver.
      Could you please check it?
      thank you.

Attachments:
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.