Home Forums GENERAL Screen shots of papers uploading

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ravil
      Participant

Dear Damian and Optiwave Team,

Is it ok to upload the screen shots with parts of material published in papers, i.e. schemes, graphs, tables, etc. (not the whole paper) in Optiwave forums?

Best regards,
      Ravil

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Copy right apply to the whole or parts of material published in papers, i.e. schemes, graphs, tables, etc.
      one must properly cited the SAME.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Yes i also want to know this thing.are we not allowed to share any system diagram from papers?

Damian Marek
      Participant

No, as intellectual property unless you have direct permission from the author you must only reference the graph or recreate the figure/graph yourself and also reference the figure you are reproducing.

Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and thanks Damian for the detailed explanation!

very nice, I also understand the point. thanks for the question and answer.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Referencing believe has not problem at all, because the reference shows that the material is not yours, more are using it to gain knowledge.

Ravil
        Participant

I agree with you about referencing in papers. It has many purposes beside protecting copyrights: organizational, educational, etc.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Knowledge is an endless cycle of discovery.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.