Home Forums SYSTEM screen shot ofoptisystem layout and results

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      sindhu kadirvel
      Participant

Is there any other way to copy the optisystem layout and paste in wordfile.When i take printscreen the layout is not clear.In the similar way results too.Kindly help me

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi sindhu kadirvel,
      I was also looking for answer of this question long back but not found any answer. If you are asking this question because you want to put a clear visual image on your research paper, then i would say that this is not the standard way of representing the schematic because you will see in standard journals the authors are not taking a screenshot rather they are drawing manually at some tool such as Microsoft word or others tools are also there. I am still not clear for what purpose you want to do so.

Regards,
      Dhiman

sindhu kadirvel
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

Tks for ur kind reply.Yes for my research paper purpose only the reviewers asked for the clear layout..I dont know what to do thats the reason i asked this question.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

You are most welcome Sindhu, Previously I made the whole System drawn in Microsoft word, Though its time consuming once you make the diagram you will definitely feel happy. the diagram will be much clearer than ever and dont take a snapshot for putting in paper. Group all the elements then copy and paste.

Regards,
        Dhiman

sindhu kadirvel
      Participant

Thanks Dhiman and Rather!

For layout i will follow ur advice.How to save the time domain visualizer,optical domain visualizer results and eye diagram results in optisystem?Thanks for ur reply in advance.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Sindhu,
      Just do click on the blue icon in the visualizer and you will find a menu/ click and copy to clipboard and the paste the same in paint. Thats all.

One another way is to use the snipping tool that already comes with windows. This is also easiest way to fulfill your requirement. Thanking you.

Regards,
      Dhiman

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

Hi sindhu kadirvel,

so for as i got your problem…i want to say that we have the options of print as BMP for visvalizers in optisystem…
      now there any other thing you was take shot of in you system.. you can use SNIPPING TOOL of windows systems.

search SNipping tool in search menu of your window, drag the portion you want to take pic of….then save as PNG or any other image format..

hope you got me

with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi sindhu kadirvel,

As far as yourr problem is concerned i agree with aasif bashir on this that you need to search the snipping tool in the windows menu of your pc, drag the needed portion which you intent to take thi picture and then it will be saved in the JPEG format.. I hope this helps

Regards

Sahil Singh

HELLO SINDHU..

As far as the problem of the results be it eye diagram of any graph you plot in optisystem the best way to copy is what aasif suggested.. Just click on the left top corner of the eye diagram or the graph and then click on ” print BMP file ” .. it will save your results as .bmp format.. i hope this will help u to large extent..

Thanks & regards

Now as far as taking snapshot of layout is concerned.. it is problematic if your design is very large..however for a small design which floors on 3/4 of the window then snipping tool will serve you.. but largely if design spreads out of window screen then it is hard to get a clear image of your layout.. Well for this i will suggest you to use subsystem configuration and break your design into subsystem..

Thanks & regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Sindhu,
      As rightly mentioned by other forum members you can easily take results using the ‘print bmp file’ option which you can find at the right top corner of the analyzer as correctly mentioned by fayiqa. And as far as the snapshot of the design is concerned, you have few options already mentioned by other members. You can resort to the snipping tool. You can also try selecting all the components and copying and then pasting in pasting in paint for that matter and see if it works.
      Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi aabid baba and fayiqa naqshbandhi,

Thanks for the information.. Your efforts are highly appreciated….

Regards

Sahil Singh

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Sahil,
      you are welcome! Anytime.
      Regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I also agree with the points which has been pointed out by sindhu kadirvel, It is serious when we have large number of components in layout.
      In this case we are not able to take the sceenshot of whole of layout.
      We could only take their screenshots by doing “Zoom out” process and by doing this we have very blurred image of layout and creates serious issues. I request you all to please suggest the way to get clear image of such layout.

Seeking your response.

MHD NA
      Participant

you want to put a clear visual image on your research paper, then i would say that this is not the standard way of representing the schematic because you will see in standard journals the authors are not taking a screenshot rather they are drawing manually at some tool such as Microsoft word or others tools are also there. I am still not clear for what purpose you want to do so.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

I do really agree with MHD na, that taking a snapshot of the layout is not the proper way as I mentioned before, It is better to draw manually and it also helps in making your design secured i.e. why authors not readily take the snapshot otherwise it will also be reproducible by another. Thanking you.

Regards,
        Dhiman

HELLO DHIMAN..

I agree with you..I think microsoft visio is perfect for drawing any design representation.. and it is not good sharing one’s work or displaying the implemented systems configuartions..better if we draw block diagrams instead..that is more authentic and secure..i hope it helps her to some extent.

Thanks & regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Hello Fayiqa,
          Did you download Microsoft Visio, I am unable to download, can anyone provide me with the working link to download. Actually i tried to download from torrent, after 99.99 % completion it stop i dont know why it is happening tried many times. Thanking you.

regards,
          Dhiman

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

Hello everyone ,
      the best way to take the snapshot of your design is as below:
      1) From the layut options just hide the grids and your layot will be more clear for takng snapshot.
      2) Now hide the project browser and Component browser and also hide the components description more clear vision of your design.
      3) Now compress your design so that design takes less space and take snapshot using snipping tool.
      4) save the snip and without grid it will be more clear and in MS word u can change the color contrast and brigtness etc to clear yout layout snip.
      Thanks and Regards
      Sanjee Kumar

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Sanjeev Kumar. Greetings from my side.

You have shared some important information here. I hope it works. I didn’t try it yet but i am definitely going for it and i hope it will work as desired. Anyways Thanks for sharing such a piece. I t is really helpful if it works.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Sanjeev Kumar,

Thanks for providing such detailed explanation about how to take the snapshot of the design in optisystem software tool…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

you are always welcome.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Dhiman Kakati,

I think microsoft visio is perfect for drawing any design representation.. It really is a beautiful way to represent your digrams in various blocks.. I do not think it will be available freely on the internet to download.. I am using the licensed version of Microsoft Visio.. I suggest you also to obtain the licenced version… It will surely be of great help to you…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hello Sahil Singh, Thank you so much for providing more information, for me i am not getting it a tough job to draw in word but I was encouraged to draw in Microsoft Visio so as suggested by you I will definitely look for a licensed version.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Dhiman. Hi Sahil Singh. Greetings.

I couldn’t download the software you mentioned. It needs to be licensed from Microsoft. Anyway Thanks for the information.
        Regards
        Atul Sharma

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

You are most welcome Atul Sharma, I am also looking online for it but not finding one license is must.

Regards,
          Dhiman

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Dhiman Kakati,

You are welcome anytime… Even though you may not be having any difficulty and as you mentioned MS Word may suffice your needs as of now but you may need MS Visio at some point becuase it has a higher degree of versitality and you can almost create any sort of a design you like.. Infact literally you can draw anything in visio… So do look for a licensed version if possible… All the best

regards
      sahil singh

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Thank you Sahil Singh for the important points and I watched some video how it works and I can see lots of advantages of Microsoft visio, I have made an arrangement of buying license. Hope to get it soon.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hello Dhiman,
          I recommend you to purchase it. Best for drawing blocks of any system.
          Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Dhiman Kakati,

You are welcome and i must say making diagrams of the designs with visio is a very easy task as well.. Hope you get visio soon… Cheers

Regards
      Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      taking about taking the results and graph taking…i think the conclusion of this discussion was to use the visio for system design ,excel for graphs…

but there are some cases were excel may not be helpful like export optical spectrum or signa;l in time domain using OTDV or BER analyser,,,because the sample point are too high in these case..hence in that case snipping tool or export option of optisytem, is better option

with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

yes aasif true that. I completely agree with you. It is an issue actually.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi asif,

It is a matter of opinion which tool is better to use and opinion varies from person to person… I suggest you use whatever tool suits your needs… We definitely cant compare any of the tools you mentioned… Hope you understand my point of view…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

umer syed
      Participant

hi all,
      i completely agree with asif
      that in some cases were excel may not be helpful like export optical spectrum or signa;l in time domain using OTDV or BER analyser,,,because the sample point are too high in these case..hence in that case snipping tool or export option of optisytem, is better option

with regards

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi all,

I agree with the suggestions about Microsoft visio being the best platform as far as block diagram representation is concerned.. I am also using Microsft Visio but its a licensed version… It may not be available online to download for free.. Those of you who are trying to look for visio I suggest to purchase a licenced version..

Thanks and Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I also agree with the points which has been pointed out by sindhu kadirvel, It is serious when we have large number of components in layout.
      In this case we are not able to take the sceenshot of whole of layout.
      We could only take their screenshots by doing “Zoom out” process and by doing this we have very blurred image of layout and creates serious issues. I request you all to please suggest the way to get clear image of such layout

Anchal Bura
      Participant

BUT I JUST WANT TO USE THE EYE DIAGRAM AND BER ANALYZER OUTPUT BUT THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I COPY THAT OUTPUT IT SHOW ONLY THE DIAGRAM OUTPUT OF PARAMETERS TO BE ANALYSED ARE NOT THERE IN THE PICTURE

M. E.
      Participant

you can use snagit software

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks Rather I have to Download this software and hope for easier drawing. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.