Home Forums SYSTEM sc-ofdm

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      feras
      Participant

hi,all
      i am working on simulation using optisystem12 to transmit LTE(4g) radio signals on fiber ,but the 4g up-link signal is SC-ofdm and i don’t know how to generate it in optisystem12 ,so can any one help me on that
      thank you very much

Damian Marek
      Participant

Is Single Carrier Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing another name for SC-FDMA? From my understanding, OFDM cannot be single carrier.

feras
      Participant

yes damian it is and other book call it DFT-ofdm BUT SC-fdma the most common name

Damian Marek
        Participant

I`m looking into this. Could you provide a paper that you are trying to reproduce? Unfortunately, we don’t have a SC-FDMA component like we have for OFDM, although they seem very similar. You can always use the Matlab component to make a customized modulation scheme. If you double-click the Matlab component and then choose Help, you will see an example of designing a simple amplitude modulator.

Damian Marek
      Participant

This is an interesting application!

Based on our understanding of OFDM and SC-FDMA there is an additional IDFT block that is required for SC-FDMA systems (both transmit and receive sides). It may be possible to add these functions by using our Matlab component before and after our OFDM modulators and demodulators (as per following enclosed paper). I am not sure this will work, but it’s worth a try.

We are very busy these days working on our OptiSystem 13 release development, but we will try to build an example for this type of application after we release OptiSystem 13 in early July.

feras
      Participant

thank u ,i will try matlab to do these

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.