Home Forums SYSTEM S2p parametres

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anes Belkacem
      Participant

Hello experts,

Please if any one have ideas about how we can use s2p component ” two port ” in Optisystem, and espacially what’s the

informations must be included in file.s2p.

If you have any ideas about this kind of simulations.

All of the best for all.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Anes,
      there are few components in OptiSystem that handles S-parameters such as 2-Port S-Parameters, S-Parameter Extractor, and S-parameters Measured Filter.
      Please click on the “Help” button at the bottom right of the component properties popup window to get more information on the component and the data file format.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Anes Belkacem
      Participant

Thanks Eng.Ahmed for your replay,

Yes I now that very much’Help button…’, but how we can evaluate and will be sure that work correctly.

So, my questions if we make s2p.file, there are any things must modified or deleted at this kind of file ” header or dates or …”.

Please, I need to know any ideas about that in details. There are no specific parameters or key that prove your simulation is correctly.

I wait your responses please.

All of the best for you.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Anes,
      Typically, experiments validate the simulation. However, if you send me your project layout as a zip file to my email at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com, I’ll check it out and provide some feedback. Please send also, the S-parameter file. Did you generate the file or acquire it from an instrument?
      Could you please let know which version of OptiSystem are you using?
      Regards,
      Ahmad

+1
      Anes Belkacem
      Participant

Thank you Eng.Ahmed for your replay and help;

First of all, until now I don’t design and simulate the idea about that. I need to design microwave filter of 70MHz and export s2p file

in s2p compenent at Optisystem. But I’m not sure and there is any guarantee to now I this producing file “s2p” work correctly ?.

In other hand, when I’ll provide s2p file through HFSS software, it’s used directly ” without any modification, delete dates, phrases..or

any thing ? to Optisystem read it ?”.

I’ll send you the files if I design to filter.

Now if there is sure that s2p file work directly without problems and with prove that work, I’ll install trial verion 15.O in my new laptop.

All of the best Eng.Ahmed.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Anes,
      please send the file after you design it to my email (to keep confidentiality) and I’ll try my best to help you. We can try together to make it working. I am interested in microwave photonics applications. This application fits well with Optiwave strategy.
      Good luck in your design.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Anes Belkacem
      Participant

Thank you very much Eng.Ahmed,

I’ll send it in your email after the designing. Maybe I need many days trying to desing it, it’s not easy. I will do my best and I’ll contact

you.

Best regards.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.