Home Forums SYSTEM RZ-OOK

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Leeba Babu
      Participant

can anyone help me out with how to set up a RZ-OOK modulator in optisystem. I need rz-ook signals as input signals for my paper.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Leeba,

Please consider the screen shot that I have attached which shows a NRZ-OOK system. The Pseudo random bit sequence generator is connected to the NRZ pulse generator (ignoring the fork). You can have a RZ-OOK system by simply replacing the NRZ pulse generation component by a RZ component. Please see if it helps.

Regards

Attachments:
      Leeba Babu
      Participant

Ok. Thnks a lot alistu. So it means that by giving a cw signal and pulse signals as inputs to MZM will generated OOK signals?

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Leeba. The attached screen shot is from a paper named “A Chromatic Dispersion Compensator for On-Off Shift Keying (OOK) Modulation Format by Mid-span Spectral Inversion” by Ni Lar Win, in which OptiSystem was used. So I believe correct results can be expected by implementing in the same way.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Leeba,
      It is very simple to design RZ and NRZ modulation schemes in optisystem.
      PBRS is connected to RZ pulse generator and it modualtes laser frequency as carrier wave using MZ modulator.

Attachments:
      Leeba Babu
      Participant

Thanks Ranjeet.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Leebu Babu.

By default, when you use the PRBS as a carrier, it is OOK modulation only.
      RZ and NRZ are the formats of the signal you employ while converting the binary PRBS to electrical form before giving as one of the inputs to the MZM. The other input would ofcourse come from the CW LASER source.
      So, like most of the people mentioned above, you need to use RZ pulse generator to convert PRBS to RZ electrical format and hence the resultant modulated signal after MZM would be RZ-OOK. Hope I am clear.

Regards.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

HI Alistu and Ranjeet…

Indeed the information provided by you is very helpful.. Thanks for your efforts

Regards

Sahil Singh

Leeba Babu
      Participant

Thanks a lot Naazira for the information. I will implement as said above.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Leeba..

You are welcome. All the best.

Regards.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.