Home Forums SYSTEM Running time

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Fady
      Participant

How to reduce the running time of simulations in Optisystem?

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Fady,
      The query about reducing the simulation time had been posted before. There are numerous factors responsible for the increase in simulation time.
      Firstly, the large simulation time can be because of usage of large number of components in designing the system. The other reason could be large launching power. Large launching power certainly increases the simulation time and to reduce the simulation time you may take care of these things . I hope this will help you in some way.
      Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

using multiple subsystems could also increase it.

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi Fady

I agree with Aabid baba. The reasons for high simulation time can be:
      High transmission power you have used
      Large sequence length can also make simulation time very high.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello,
      I am of the opinion that complexity can be one issue that increases the running time. You may have used large number of components in your design. I also believe that it may have to do with system configuration also. I hope your problem does get absolved soon.

Best regards

Hello Fady,

As far as your query related to running time is concerned i seem to agree with both Aabid Baba and Karan Ahuja. If i talk about one my designed systems , it was the high launch power that caused the simulation time to be very high. On reducing the launch power , the running time for my design dropped drastically. I think you should also see if that is the matter related to your design too.
      I hope this is helpful to you.

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Burhan Num Mina llah,
      As you have mentioned that decreasing launching power reduces the simulation time , therefore it would be appropriate if Fady tries it out. May be it would him his case too. Thanking you.
      Regards

Hello.

I agree with all the forum members that there are few factors that may be responsible for large running time. I agree with Aabid baba Burhan and Karan Ahuja. The reasons for high simulation time can be high transmission power or high launching power. The factor aforementioned can be large sequence length which may also make simulation time very high. I agree with Burhan also that complex design also makes the running time high. I would suggest you to take care of these factors and may be that will be helpful.
      Hope this is helpful.
      Thanks
      Regards

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.