Home Forums SYSTEM Rogue ONU in OFDM PON.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hussain Khalid
      Participant

I worked on a C++ simulator for PON now I need to simulate my own C++ algorithm to detect and prevent rogue ONU using the C++ component of the OptiSystem for OFDM PON. How to create a rogue ONU in OFDM PON? if Possible please upload .osd file of the rogue ONU in OFDM PON.
      Thanks

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Hussien,
      you may try the examples in OptiSystem Example library on OFDM and PON for guidance (links are below). You need to create your own Rough ONU base on your overall system design.
      C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\OptiSystem 18.0 Samples\Metro and access systems\PON and CDMA systems
      C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\OptiSystem 18.0 Samples\Advanced modulation systems\OFDM systems

Regards,
      Ahmad

Hussain Khalid
      Participant

Dear Ahmad Atieh,

I have experience with the MAC Layer of GPON/XGPON like DBA and DWA using OMNET++. Now my supervisor suggested doing work on the PHY layer of PON. As per my knowledge, Optisystem does not support the MAC layer; therefore, I want to use my C++ algorithm with slight modification and test it for Rogue ONU using the PHY Layer of PON. Let me try to understand suggested Optisystem examples about XGPON/OFDM PON scenarios.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Hussain,
      OptiSystem is a PHY layer software. It doesn’t support MAC layer.
      You may use C++ as well as Matlab or python components in OptiSystem to achieve your needs. You may contact me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to discuss further your project and possible collaboration.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.