Home Forums SYSTEM RoF SCM ASK

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone. I am getting confuse of the Radio over Fiber SCM-ASK from the Optisystem samples. The component like amplitude modulator, bpf bessel, and amplitude demodulator is given 1.7 GHz at the frequency. But the carrier generator is just 49.25 MHz, and it is too far if compared by the modulated signal at 1.7 GHz (if im not mistaken). By far I know, the carrier should be higher than the modulated signal (information) itself. I need explanation here for this RoF SCM-ASK, why the parameter should be like that or so.
      Thank you very much..

which is example is that in OptiSystem to review it for you?

thanks

it is named “Radio over Fiber SCM ASK.osd”. I cant upload the file, it says the file is not permitted due to security reasons. The system is look the same as this https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-radio-over-fiber-rof/

I modify a little by removing some components, and change some frequencies. I want to make a simple system for aircraft communication between ATC and the aircraft itself. Some sources say it uses a VHF frequency between 118-137 MHz. Where should I put that frequency? Im sorry I asked a lot because I’m new to optical communication and I want to learn.
      Here’s my modified version.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.