Home Forums SYSTEM ROADM switches

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Is ROADM component present in OptiSystem 13? Can we use ROADM as an optical switch and perform switching?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

ROADM is not available in OptiSystem 13.0.3 library, but if it helps, here is a link to design of Configurable OADM provided by Optiwave:

Configurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer

You can find the sample relating to the link in OptiSystem samples.

Regards

Hi Alistu
      Where can I find the COADM osd file??

alistu
        Participant

If you haven’t installed OptiSystem samples, you should install them first. After the installation, you just need to open the samples folder (by default in the documents folder) and find the “4×4 COADM” sample that is being discussed in the link I provided in my former comment in “WDM Systems” folder.

I found it thanks a lot Alistu

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Burhan.

Regards

Hi Alistu
      can u please tell me what actually is the difference between ROADM and COADM

alistu
        Participant

Hi Burhan,

Reconfidgurable OADM has the ability to remotely switch traffic, and it makes use of wavelength selective switching (which is an active component). Once the configuration for a system is done, using ROADM the configuration can be changed according to traffic requirements of the network and so on.

Regards

Hi Alistu
      So u mean there is no difference between ROADM and COADM?? AS u have only mentioned what ROADM does.

alistu
        Participant

As I mentioned in my above comment, when the configuration for a system is done, using Reconfigurable-OADM the configuration can be changed according to traffic requirements of the network. Reconfiguration cannot be done in COADM whereas it can be done in ROADM according to this explanation.

Regards

Hi Alistu

Thanks a lot

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.