Home Forums GENERAL ROADM in OptiSystem 14

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Is ROADM component present in OptiSystem 14???

alistu
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

ROADM component is not available in OptiSystem version 13.0.3 as far as I am concerned, and since there is no mention of ROADM in OptiSystem 14 new features pdf file available in Optiwave website, I am guessing that it is not available (as a component) in all OptiSystem versions, including the newer one.

Regards

Hi Alistu

Thanks for the information.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Burhan,
      you are using which version of optisystem at the moment??
      If it is version 13 then is no such provision and in that case MATLAB would help. But if you are using version 14 , this Module has been added in the library. I would suggest you to update to version 14 if you are still using version 13. Hope you find it helpful.

With regards

Hi Aabid
      Thanks a lot.
      I actually am using version 14 but didnt manage to find it in there. Can u give the exact path to find this component. I was working on the model of ROADM that Alistu suggested and was getting results accordingly but if it is present as a component itself it would be really helpful.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi Burhan,

As far as I am concerned, such a component has not been added to OptiSystem libraries in the latest version. I couldn’t find either the component or any explanations regarding this in OptiSystem 14 new features report. Otherwise, I would also like to know where I can find it in OptiSystem libraries.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Burhan Num Mina llah,
      If you check multiplexer library , you can find add/drop multiplexer therein. Now to use it as re-configurable add drop module , i guess you can implement that by using wavelength selective switch. And for this you need to create a wavelength selective module and it can be done in MATLAB.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      there is no such component in the component library of optisystem 14.
      aabid, you have suggested of making use of reconfigurable ADM and wavelength selective switches for designing the ROADM.

please explain it in detail.

with regards

Hi all

Actually that was the issue to design it in matlab but i found a paper in which the design of ROADM has been done by using the ideal switches with a banyan architecture. I will attach a paper for ur reference. i hope it provides the necessary help.

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Burhan num mina llah,
      I just checked the referral paper of yours. It has implemented the architecture by using the same switches i was mentioning in my above comment. It has used series of wavelength selective switches to implement the banyan architecture. I guess you don’t need to create it anymore as it is already implemented. Now what is the problem if it is already implemented??

Hi Aabid

actually the ROADM thing was really an issue some time agao but wn u mentioned there is a component i thought it might be more accurate. and regarding my probem, it still persists as i need to design the ethernet part of my project in matlab. And it would have been simpler if i get a way to convert a simulink model into matlab code. For that i didnt get any help yet.

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi burhan Num mina llah,
      we discussed it in the other post. Please email Damian regarding this Simulink co-simulation. You will definitely get some idea how to do it. It is not something which cannot be done.

Regards

Hi Aabid

thanks for the help. its better i contact damian.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome anyways.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.