Home Forums SYSTEM ROADM in DWDM network

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tung Tran Van
      Participant

Hi all.
      I want to simulate a DWDM network using ROADM. I’m using Optisystem v7, but I couldn’t find ROADM in a component library, only OADM.
      How can I design a ROADM?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Tung,

I don’t know whether the component is actually available in OptiSystem v.7 ot not, but and add drop multiplxer may be made in the way described in the image attached using two circulators and a fiber bragg grating. As you can see, the FBG wavelength has been chosen the same as the channel you want to perform add/drop on. Please see if you can implement this.

Regards

Attachments:
        Tung Tran Van
        Participant

Thank you.
        Optis v7’s component library has OADM, but i want to design ROADM which is reconfigured remotely. ROADM can consist of WSS & splitter/coupler

Tung Tran Van
      Participant

Which Optisystem’s version has ROADM in a component library?

alistu
        Participant

I have been using the latest OptiSystem version (which is OptiSystem version 13.0.3) and have not managed to find such component in it. I also have not found any examples regarding ROADM (while I have found examples for OADM components) in the OptiSystem samples.

BTW, OptiSystem only simulates the physical layer of optical networks. So it has nothing to do with network protocols and so on. I am not sure if it has to do with this component not being available in the software though.

Regards

Tung Tran Van
      Participant

I found a tutorial about design COADM (Configurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer). There is a COADM demonstrated in project COADM 4×4.osd. Where can I find the project COADM 4×4.osd????. I want to see COADM’s structure.

Configurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer

alistu
        Participant

You can find the OptiSystem file relating to the above page in the OptiSystem samples folder. You can go to the WDM systems folder in OptiSystem samples and there you can see COADM 4×4 osd file. (I am using version 13 and I don’t know for which versions the file would be available though).

Regards

Tung Tran Van
          Participant

I saw it. Thank u so much

alistu
          Participant

You’re welcome Tung.

Cheers!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.