Home Forums SYSTEM RF spectrum analyzer and electrical carrier analyzer

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      feras
      Participant

hello every body,
      i worked on 64QAM-OFDM simulation and i used RF spectrum analyzer and electrical carrier analyzer to measure the transmit RF signal power, but i got tow different results as i attached in the pic below.
      why this happen and how we can get the same result.
      not:i used abig number of bits ber symbols (512) and still have the problem.

Attachments:
      feras
      Participant

any help please

HELLO FERAS..

I am not aware of your problem but definitely i want to help.. I can see there is almost 24 dbm power level difference between the two..
      Firstly i would suggest you to use power meter if you can and then go for comparison with the two cases and see which is much closer in that case..
      Secondly try increasing global layout iterations and then keep on changing the signal index while visualizing the spectrum or power in each case.. I hope it will help.
      Thanks & regards

feras
      Participant

hello Fayiqz,
      thank you for your interested
      actually i used electrical power meter and its result was more closer to the electrical carrier analyzer results
      but the question is how can we get the same results and why this happened
      thank you again for your helping

love kumar
      Participant

hi Feras..

as per diagram your in the middle at 2.6GHz of your RF spectrum peak is shooting above 50 dBm i seem to clipped .. use pan option in the spectrum graph drag it so that highest peak value can be analyzed ..and thn check the max value of spectrum power in the middle .. carrier analyzer give Max power level .. i hope you will get same result.. if this is npt the case i mean power level not clipped the the graph.. check the your are visualizing what type of signal .. i mean .. only singal , singal + Noise or paratmeterized signal… hope you are getting what i want mean to say..
      regards

feras
        Participant

hello love kumar .,
        thank you for your interested , but what is the pan option ? and where can i find and use it ?
        Regards.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

HELLO FERAS,
      I am not able to understand the problems exactly.
      If possible will you please upload the osd file of corresponding design so that i will try to find the errors in the design layout.

feras
        Participant

hello Ranjeet,
        the problem is very clear and its :
        the RF spectrum analyzer and electrical carrier analyzer did not give the same value for signal power as the pic show.
        Regards

love kumar
      Participant

hi Feras..

just right lick on the blue dot on top left of corner spectrum graphs..ther will be multiple option available … after selection move your cursor any where on graph gid.. you will get a hand type cursor.. just drag your graphs accordingly

feras
        Participant

hi love kumar
        i found it and try it and nothing different happens.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Feras,
      RF spectrum analyzer allows the user to calculate and display electrical signals in the frequency domain. It can display the signal intensity, power spectral density and phase.
      Using it we visualize graph of follwoing :
      •Signal
      •Noise
      •Signal + Noise
      •All
      Where as The Electrical Carrier Analyzer (ECAN) measures and compares different results in two different frequencies. It can also calculate carrier to noise ratio.The ECAN will estimate the signal and the noise power for each electrical signal channel based on the central frequency of the internal filters. The analysis tab displays results such as frequency, power, noise, and SNR.
      As both measure the results of two different parameters , so both having different values.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Feras,

As far as the use of RF spectrum analyzer is concerned Ranjeet has mentioned it correctly it allows allows the user to calculate and display electrical signals in the frequency domain where as The Electrical Carrier Analyzer (ECAN) compares different results at two different frequencies… So they both will definitely give different values… Very right put forward by Ranjeet… Thanks Ranjeet for your efforts…

Regards

Sahil Singh

love kumar
      Participant

hi feras ..

if that was not the option as we discussed.. thn i agree with ranjeet kumar.. that RF spectrum Usisualize graph as Signal, Noise, Signal + Noise, All. where as ECAN displays results such as Frequency, Power, Noise, and Max SNR. Min SNR and so many more ..use a power meter instaed of power meter

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.