Home Forums SYSTEM RF local oscillator

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

How can I generate RF Local oscillator electrical signal using optisystem 13.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

Is it local oscillator the same as the one being discussed in the other topic you have started regarding optoelectronic oscillators? If not, could you kindly address a paper if it is possible? Thank you.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear alistu, No its different paper. I am giving you a snapshot please find attached.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Thank you for the snapshot. The image shows only a small part of the whole system. If the frequency that is supposed to be generated by the mixer the frequency of the signal carrier, isn’t DPSK block “frequency” parameter what you are looking for?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

alistu, I am looking for the RF input signal.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Can I use the carrier generator block..?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu, please find the attached pdf.

alistu
        Participant

Thanks for uploading the paper. I don’t think you need carrier generator block, as DQPSK signal generated by Optisystem DPSK block actually has a carrier whose frequency you can determine in the DPSK component properties (it’s the first parameter there with the default value of 50 MHz). That parameter is defined as “the frequency of the signal carrier” in the help section.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Hi Alistu I am not getting, how to do so..

Regards

alistu
          Participant

Hi Dhiman,

Please choose the DPSK modulator component in OptiSystem and then see the properties. The first parameter you can see in the Main tab in the DPSK properties is “frequency”. This is what I have been referring to in my former post as the frequency of the carrier being available in the component.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Thanks Alistu, for making me clear.

Regards

alistu
          Participant

You’re welcome.

Regards

Bax Yeats
      Participant

Can you please help me to understand the optiwave? What device it is and what are the specifications and the applications of it?
      Also what are its hardware components?
      As per the matter of the optronics is it use the light for its processing?
      What type of light is suitable for it?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Bax Yeats,
      as far as the name Optiwave Systems Inc. concern it is an organisation which is known for its various design software in the field of photonics. All the software are basically the simulation environment for photonic design.

For System and amplifier design you can use :
      (1) Optisysyem (It is an innovative optical communication system simulation package that designs, tests, and optimizes virtually any type of optical link in the physical layer of a broad spectrum of optical networks, from analog video broadcasting systems to intercontinental backbones.) and
      (2) OptiSpice (OptiSPICE is the first circuit design software for analysis of integrated circuits including interactions of optical and electronic components. It allows for the design and simulation of opto-electronic circuits at the transistor level, from laser drivers to transimpedance amplifiers, optical interconnects and electronic equalizers. OptiSPICE produces self-consistent solutions of opto-electronic circuits that contain feedback spanning both optical and electrical parts. OptiSPICE is a fully-integrated solution for parameter extraction, schematic capture, circuit simulation and waveform analysis).

and for component design:
      (1) Optigrating (The script language OptiGrating 4.2 uses is a programming language based on the BASIC language syntax. You use the script language to define the shape, chirp, and apodization of a grating. To enter this definition, you have to choose the User Defined option. Variables, Arrays, and Operators)
      (2) Optifiber (OptiFiber is a powerful tool that blends numerical mode solvers for fiber modes with calculation models for group delay, group-velocity dispersion, effective mode area, losses, polarization mode dispersion, effective nonlinearity, etc.)
      (3) OptiFDTD (OptiFDTD enables you to design, analyze and test modern passive and nonlinear photonic components for wave propagation, scattering, reflection, diffraction, polarization and the nonlinear phenomenon.)
      (4) OptiBPM (Waveguide Optics Design Software).

And for the matter of photonics it uses light as a carrier which i modulated by electrical signals using electro-optic modulator for communication purpose. In Optisystem you can use light source such as Laser or LED for the user dependent applications.

Regards,
      Dhiman

alistu
      Participant

Hi Bax,

Optiwave has provided an overview for each of the software with more explanations about the capibilities of them, which you can read in case you are more interested:

OptiFDTD:

OptiFDTD Overview

OptiBPM:

OptiBPM Overview

OptiFiber:

OptiFiber Overview

OptiSystem:

OptiSystem Overview

OptiGrating:

OptiGrating Overview

OptiSpice:

OptiSPICE Overview

Regards

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.