Home Forums GENERAL Reversible logic in optical domain

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Tanveer
      Participant

I have to design a reversible logic gate in optical domain which must possess the features like high speed, low power consumption, fast switching and ease of fabrication.
      So, can you please suggest me the components for that. Moreover I had already seen Semiconductor Optical Amplifier (SOA) based Mach Zehnder interferometer (MZI) switches, but I want to achieve the above parameters to a more optimized level.
      with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

hi tanveer,
      Please can you please explain in what context you are talking. can you please explain what is this reversible logic??? ANd also caoul you tell what for do you need to implement this reversible logic?
      I would appreciate that.
      Regards

+2
      Tanveer
      Participant

hi aabid,,
      i want to design the arithematic units like adders, multipliers etc using reversible logic in optical domain,
      for which i am in need of designing reversible logic gates.
      A logical gate is considered reversible if the number of its inputs and outputs are equal (i.e.
      there is a one to one correspondence between the input and output vectors and any output
      pattern has a unique pre-image). The input vector can be restored from the output vector and
      as discussed, this ensures that in an ideal situation there is no internal power dissipation in the
      system.
      For more information please go through the link <a href=”https://www.researchgate.net/publication/13391625_Reversible_logic_and_quantum_computers_Phys_Rev_A_32_3266-3276″></a&gt;

+3
        Aabid Baba
        Participant

hi tanveer,
        Well at the moment i could only relate this to logic gates. reversible logic is something i need to go through. As far as i am concerned, i could help you in getting the set up for different logic gates that can be developed in optical domain. I am posting a link , please refer to it as i have posted the screenshots of different basic logic gates that can be simulated in Optisystem.

How can I simulate optical logic gate using optiwave software optisystem?

hope it is helpful.
        regards

+4
      Tanveer
      Participant

hello aabid…
      thanks for replying,,,,
      i had already seen basic logic gates in optical domain….but the main problem is to design them with the efficient parameters as already given in question..
      moreover how can i calculate the total power consumed by the particular logic gate,……
      with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi tanveer,
        you are welcome always.
        i went through the paper asif has shared. It very well can serve your purpose. It has detailed about the simulation set up as well as the operation of reversible logic gates. I hope it helps you now.
        Regards

+3
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi tanveer,
      as far as logic gates are considered there is provision for simulation optical logic gates in optisystem.
      even can design the reversible logic gate;
      then link below is the paper on reversible optical logic gate (in optisystem)
      https://optiwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/basic-reversible-logic-gates-simulation.pdf?51da48&b82c69

with regards

Tanveer
      Participant

thank you aabid baba and aasif basir,,,,
      the link provided above shows the basic implementation of reversible logic gates using Mach Zehnder interferometer (MZI) switches,,,,,,,
      i am quiet familiar with that as i had already posted in question that i need to improve the power consumed by the circuit, its efficiency in terms of fast switching and ease of fabrication,,,,
      so kindly suggest me some alternative ways to achieve the desired results,,,,
      thanking you in advance,

with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

you are welcome tanveer,
        Well as far as i am concerned , you make your design power efficient if you somehow try to get better results at low power i mean better than results taken at optimum power level. For that you may vary different parameters like data rate , length of fiber and other parameters too. As of now i can think of varying such things to make the design power efficient.
        Now regarding power dissipation, i don’t think you can measure it directly here. For that you must consider different losses relating to power.
        Regards

+7
      Tanveer
      Participant

thank you all especially aabid baba…
      how the length of fiber will benefit the design of my architecture….
      can you please explain it a bit

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi tanveer,
      It was just a suggestion. Well now you are asking then let me tell you that may be you are keeping the length of your fiber too large and you that if length of the fiber increases , more non-linearities creep in as a result your performance may degrade. You may also untick the dispersion and attenuation tab for better results. It could be one of the factors. Please try reducing length or using DCF for better results.
      Regards

+4
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

you are welcome tanveer

Tanveer
      Participant

thank you all for your time,,,,
      the problem is solved to some extent…..

Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome tanveer!
      cheers

+5
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.