Home Forums SYSTEM regarding power of the system

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Gaurav Rajarya
      Participant

hello, i am using optisystem 13,i just want to know
      1)whether is it necessary to keep the power of DP-qpsk transmitter and receiver different? & if it so how much should be the difference between these two?
      2)what do u mean by receiver power?

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Garav
      You have raised a very good question about LO power selection in DP Qpsk syste.As far as i know the LO is used to provide gain and used for phase matching .Also in optisysyem 13 the DSP is used for the carrier phade estimation and frequency phase estimation for more enhanced results snd estimation.Hoever the LO power depends upon RIN of oscillator and thermal noise inversely.So by fixing the receiver power you can calculate the LO power.total power at receiver from signal +LO is taken as the power from LO.so it is very important to select the optimum Lo power

Ashu verma
      Participant

For the justification of the above explanation i havw given a link of the paper .Go through this paper for better information
      Design of coherent receiver optical front end for … – OSA Publishing
      Equations given in this paper will gelp you to find the correct LO power
      Design of coherent receiver optical front end for … – OSA Publishing – I am browsing [Design of coherent receiver optical front end for … – OSA Publishing]. Have a look at it! https://www.google.co.in/url?q=https://www.osapublishing.org/viewmedia.cfm%3Furi%3Doe-20-3-3225%26seq%3D0&sa=U&ved=0CAcQFjAAahUKEwi0qs_XvfHGAhXFm5QKHSS7BQc&usg=AFQjCNF91DLO_783KISlHe1fTigpfNyPJg

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gaurav,

I think the receiver power is the power of the local oscillator used in coherent detection schemes on the receiver side. Also the launched power in these cases refers to the power of the local oscillator on the transmission side. In the coherent detection scheme, both up(or down)-conversion and electrical-to optical(or vise versa) conversion are done by the local oscillator.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Agree with Alisthu about functioning of LO.But selection of optimum power by taking thermal noise and RIN of oscillator into considration is important while select the lo power.because LO depends upon RIN inversely and vaied linerly with the thermal noise

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.