Home Forums SYSTEM Received power in OFDM systems

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Fady
      Participant

Hello! Is there a way to measure the received power in OFDM systems using the BER Test set? I used the BER analyzer to get the received power in other systems.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Fady,
      you can directly measure the power at any point of the simulation using power meter (both available in electrical and optical domain) in the visualizer library.can connect at the input of the receiver. I am not getting why you want to use BER test set for calculation of received power.

Regards,
      Dhiman

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Fady,
      As mentioned by Dhiman Kakati,you can directly measure the power at any point of the simulation using power meterin the visualizer library… I dont have any idea about the BER test set… Hope someone responds to your query…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Fady,
      I agree to Dhiman Kakati, that we can measure power at any point either optical or electrical domain using optical power meter or electrical power meter directly connecting to that port .

Attachments:
      Fady
      Participant

Thanks for your replies. I knew that I can use the power meter but I think there should be another method!

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      as we know that we can measure power at any point either optical or electrical domain using optical power meter or electrical power meter directly connecting to that port , Instead of power meter i think we don’t have any other visualiser to measure power and why we need it, if we have already power meter in both electrical and optical. I appreciate your wish for knowledge. It will be better if we have contemporary of above parameters with better efficiency and accuracy.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

I agree with your views… Thanks for this information… Your efforts are highly appreciated…

Regards

Sahil Singh

MHD NA
      Participant

you can directly measure the power at any point of the simulation using power meter (both available in electrical and optical domain) in the visualizer library.can connect at the input of the receiver. I am not getting why you want to use BER test set for calculation of received power.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.