Home Forums SYSTEM Real Time Oscilloscope/Visualizer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mhalim
      Participant

Is there an optisystem built that can be used as a real time visualizer ? OTDV works in sampling mode not in real time mode.
      I am working on optical shift register, I have a problem to view the output. It doesn’t give the correct output with OTDV visualizer.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi mhalim,

I am not sure what yo mean by real time mode, can you elaborate?

Thanks

Ravil
      Participant

Hi mhalim, do you mean that you want to visualize your signal in time domain instead of frq domain?

mhalim
      Participant

Hi,
      To the best of my understanding, optical time domain visualizer is the same as digital SAMPLING oscilloscope. It isn’t REAL TIME Oscilloscope. These are two diff scopes in the market.

Do you recognise the difference between real-time and sampling ? I dunno much mathematical difference between these two.

How do I use Real Time Oscilloscope ? Has someone succesfully simulated the optical shift register using optiwave/optisystem?

Hopefully someone can help me.

Regards,
      Halim

Damian Marek
        Participant

I don’t see any posts on the forum about a optical shift register. I don’t think there is any fundamental difference between a real time and sampling oscilloscope.

You should be able to set up the OptiSystem simulation to look at triggered events and you can choose an arbitrary sampling rate to capture a large spectrum.

Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.