Home Forums SYSTEM raman gain profile

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Tatenda Tsikai
      Participant

i need help my system is failing to load the .dat file for raman gain profiles i have searched the whole PC for this file can someone send me this RG.dat file
      Thank you

attached is RGE.dat file you can use it and select Raman gain efficiency option.

good luck
      Mohamed Abouseif

+1

here it is

Attachments:

Hi, Mohamed

I had the same problem with Tatenda Tisikai and I downloaded the file and referred it in the Gain Profiles field. However, the simulation is getting stuck in “Calculating Raman Amplifier”. Is there a place where the file should be placed so it can be read correctly?

Hi Francisca,
      In all cases the file is loaded and the program uses it for calculation if you write the path of the file correctly.
      the point is that, when you choose the “Raman gain ” from the Raman gain type, you need to enter Raman gain peak and “Raman gain reference Pump” for normalization. But if you load the “Raman gain efficiency” you do not need to enter any thing else. Keep in your mind that the RG and RGE files data are related to each other (please see the manual).
      So long story short, follow this steps:
      1. download the file attached above, which is RGE.
      2. Choose “Raman gain efficiency” from Raman gain time-location.
      3. Run the program after entering the other parameters.

Hope this helps and solves the problem.

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

Hello, Mohamed.
      It really was a lack of attention coupled with fatigue. Shortly after commenting I realized that I was not selecting “Raman gain efficiency” and it worked. Thanks for the tip.

No problem,
      best of luck in your research project,

regards,
      Mohamed Abouseif

Tatenda Tsikai
      Participant

thanks for the help it worked

Good,
      best of luck
      Mohamed Abouseif

Ginni Khanna
      Participant

Hello Mohammed,

I am having the same problem. I have tried what you had suggested, but I get an error while running “Error occured while calculating Raman Amplifier Average Power Model”

I have been trying it for some time. Ever since I upgraded to the latest version , I am having issues running the Raman Amplifier experiments. Could you please help me here. I have attached my file as well.

Thanks a lot in advance
      Ginni

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.