Home Forums SPICE Questions for the OptiSPICE version 5.2 program

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sylwia Kojtek
      Participant

Why, in the circuit shown in the attached figure, there is a phase reversal of two phrases, the first time after the signal has passed through the optical fiber, and the second time after receiving the signal on the photodiode?

Hi,

I need to be sure what you are trying to extract here in this circuit? May be if you can share your file, I can look into detail. But generally, if you put the probe after the fiber, it should measure the power coming out of the fiber (in Watts). And Probe after the photodiode should give you the current as a function of voltage.
      I am not sure what you mean by reverse phase? Can you share the plot image and explain what you expect? In general, if the response you are getting is reversed then may be try to put the probe before the fiber and photodiode. See if the response is what you expect.
      If not, then please share the circuit file on saurabh.bedi@optiwave.com, so that we can look into details of your simulation.

Best,
      Saurabh Bedi.

Hi,

I need to be sure what you are trying to extract here in this circuit? May be if you can share your file, I can look into detail. But generally, if you put the probe after the fiber, it should measure the power coming out of the fiber (in Watts). And Probe after the photodiode should give you the current as a function of voltage.
      I am not sure what you mean by reverse phase? Can you share the plot image and explain what you expect? In general, if the response you are getting is reversed then may be try to put the probe before the fiber and photodiode. See if the response is what you expect.
      If not, then please share the circuit file on saurabh.bedi@optiwave.com, so that we can look into details of your simulation.

Best,
      Saurabh Bedi.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.