Home Forums SYSTEM Questions about tutorial

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ravil
      Participant

Dear Optiwave team and forum members,

I’m working with tutorial https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-power-level-management-in-optical-metro-networks/ and I have a following question:

Do you know why we have 2 splices and 4 connectors for each node? (trying to understand the underlying calculations…)

Thanks in advance!

Damian Marek
      Participant

There are 6 connectors because in addition to the splitters there are filters to filter out the dropped wavelength. Look at the quick sketch I made below.

ahmedbasuony
      Participant

thank you Damian Marek for your response and also thanks to Ravil for your interest in my case thank you very much
      but how we adjust user defined bit sequence to control in the OXC1 and OXC2 , I am also put 1 in bit sequence and i remaove node three to make sure that the path take the direction 1, 2, OXC 1, 5, 6, 7, OXC 2, 4 but i found no thing in BER at node 4
      please any one help me , i spend alot of time in it and i have no result
      and if i want to make big system for DWDM and use 100 channel what is the suggestion ??

Damian Marek
        Participant

If you use the base example file that in the Samples folder “Considering nonideal characteristics of EDFA_power.osd” you will get that functionality.

If you delete a component it will leave the inputs of other components at null and it will not calculate anything. This is why you get no signal at the output. Every component needs an input. For DWDM, you could start from one of our example files. For 100 channels though you will need a suitable sample rate and time window to capture the full spectrum.

Ravil
      Participant

Thank you very much, Damian!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.