Home Forums SYSTEM Query about Optiwave Sample files

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Naazira Badar
      Participant

Are the parameters taken in sample files of Optiwave in conformity with the ITU standards ?

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Naazira,
      There are many samples, but I think the samples were not prepared taking into account any standards. Please specify which samples you want to try simulating.
      Regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Thankyou sir for replying.

I wanted to inquire about Optisystem13 sample files for FSO. SampleFiles > Component Sample files > FSO.

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Yes, I also went through the link alistu mentioned, but the standard mentioned is quite old.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Merged with duplicate post

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Alistu
      Thanks for the link. But I couldn’t find any parameter there except for bit rate.Nothing like transmitter power, attenuation value.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

hi,
      I think the all components in sample files are taken a/c to ITU standards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet..

Okay..yeah I suppose it is so.But actually I am working on FSO and ITU-T is yet to provide standardization for its parameters.

Regards.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hello sir/ma’am

Kindly tell me if the parameters used in sample files of OptiSystem are in conformity with the ITU standards?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Naazira,
      I would like to say that most of the component parameters are as per the ITU standards but some are there in which has been optimized to get the best output of the system and for learning purpose. You can compare the parameters of each components by double clicking the component and then with the ITU standard list, you can change those values to see what will be the results as per the standards.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Thanks for replying.
      I have not been able to get the FSO standard parameters by ITU so far.

alistu
      Participant

You’re right. I hope you get a confirmation from Optiwave about this. However, I have noticed when a system is realized according to an implementation suggested in a paper, the name of the paper is mentioned in the osd file. I am only guessing this is not according to the standards otherwise it would have been mentioned so.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Naazira, Please regard my answer in your other topic page https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/query-about-optiwave-sample-files/#post-28309 . Thank you.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.