Home Forums SYSTEM QAM

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      shanmuga srinivasan
      Participant

I am trying to use 16- QAM for my project but the component in optisystem shows a good performance for only 2 QAM but not for 16QAM . And when tried to construct a QAM MODULATOR using QAM sequence generator the constellation diagram for all the bits per symbol shows the same.am trying to design a modulator of my own ..please help me how to convert the bits from serial to parallel and map the bits to different amplitudes..

alistu
      Participant

Hi Shanmuga,

In order to convert parallel to serial data stream and vise versa, you can use the corresponding components available in OptiSystem libraries, namely “parallel to serial converter” and “serial to parallel converter”. You can find them in the binary section in the Tools folder in “Signal Processing Library” of OptiSystem.

Regards

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello shanmuga srinivasan….. I am also facing the same problem… Are you able to solve the issue by the solution provided by Alistu…..If yes then please guide…. I am not able to solve the problem even after using the “parallel to serial converter” and “serial to parallel converter” as mentioned by Alistu in one of his comments.

Regards..

shanmuga srinivasan
      Participant

hello mathew, i could not find the solution.i tried it even in the version 13 the constellation diagram for QAM for 4 bits per symbol is same as the 2 bits per symbol.i think error in the software.

MHD NA
      Participant

you can use the corresponding components available in OptiSystem libraries, namely “parallel to serial converter” and “serial to parallel converter”.

shanmuga srinivasan
      Participant

No result though we use serial to parallel converter the problem is with the constellation diagram

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.