Home Forums SYSTEM QADM implementation in optisystem

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

What system block should I use for quadrature audio data modulation (QADM) in electrical domain using optisystem 13.

With regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear Dhiman,

Can you please elaborate more about quadrature audio data modulation. I hope you mean Quadrature amplitude modulation?

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

I tried google the term quadrature audio data modulation (QADM) but did not find relevant documents regarding the same.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks for your reply, I also didnot find details about quadrature audio data modulation, But when I searched QADM (as in attached block diagram image) i Google I found it to be “quadrature audio data modulation”.
      If u have another suggession please help me. Please go through the attached pdf and image.

With regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Please find the attached snapshot.

Attachments:
      Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear Dhiman,

I think you have been mistaken. Instead of quadrature audio data modulation it is Quadrature amplitude demodulator block. If you check your block diagram you will find the QAM block and the opposite end it is QADM block.

The QAM stands for quadrature amplitude modulator and QADM for Quadrature amplitude demodulator. Hope this helps.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you Dhananjay for your suggestion. This actually makes more sense, since QADM has actually been used in all receiving points and QAM on all transmitting sides of the schematic snapshot attached. Otherwise it would be strange to use different coding schemes for the transmission and reception.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks a lot for your help. I hope you are right as I was not sure about it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.