Home Forums SYSTEM Q-factor doesn\'t change !!!

Q-factor doesn\'t change !!!

Profile Photo
(joined May 2014)
Participant

in this model using 4 Qam when i change the input power , the Q-factor doesn’t change to see the effect of fiber non-linearity , it just varies between 0 at lower and higher power levels , otherwise 1*e050 (i.e 10^50) but there is no variations in the value of Q-factor with changing power level , how to solve that .

Attachments:

Responses (1):

Profile Photo
      mai fouad
      Participant

in this model using 4 Qam when i change the input power , the Q-factor doesn’t change to see the effect of fiber non-linearity , it just varies between 0 at lower and higher power levels , otherwise 1*e050 (i.e 10^50) but there is no variations in the value of Q-factor with changing power level , how to solve that .

Attachments:
      Profile Photo
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Mai,

The BER Analyzer approximates the BER by analyzing the eye diagram. Since there is a threshold detector before it the eye diagram is “perfect”, which results in the unrealistically high Q factor. For QAM modulation it would be better to use either the BER Test Set (with a suitably long sequence) or you could use the error vector magnitude metric, which is generally used for QAM signals. This is calculated by the electrical constellation visualizer.

Regards

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.