Home Forums SYSTEM Pulse Coding/Signal averaging

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      I am working on pulse coding with optisystem, has any one tried it before? I have questions related to signal averaging and signal processing tools capabilities of the software. Thank you

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Mohamed,

What kind of pulse coding/signal averaging are you trying to implement in your system? (Just trying to better understand your question). There are coding techniques that can be used for signal averaging based on frequent level transitions. Manchester codes are one of such examples. Please, take a look at the following links: https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-manchester-and-pam-codingdecoding/

Mohamed Elgaud
      Participant

Hi Ravil,
      Thank you for your response, am trying to simulate Simplex coding derived from Hadmard matrix, by implementing the code in the transmission using Mach-Zender, user defined pulse generator and NRZ signal, in addition to the CW laser source. Several steps I need to ask about, for example, in the coding part, how to implement (let us say) 3 bits code length,what is the rule of the leading zeros and trailing zeros?how to fill up the fiber length with the sequence based on the round trip time?And then what tools offered by the software to extract the signal after transmission? The urgent case for me now is the transmission and the coding part if you have an idea or toturials related. ( It seems I have many long questions ^_^) Thank you again

mohammed hosni
      Participant

what is the the type of PCM you use

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.