Home Forums GRATING problems in optirating

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

one of friend has writen the code of the coupled mode equation for fiber gratings in matlab(coupled mode equation govern the coupling of power between forward propagating mode and the back ward propagating mode). on the evalation of the response using this matlab code……

it is found the response provided by the optigrating 4 is very much different from that of the matlab.

which one to beleive??

there is no doubt regarding coupled mode equations???
      is optigrating using some different procedure for evaluating response of grating(but they also show that we make use of coupled mode equations).

same question will apply for the optisystem.

with regards

Tanveer
      Participant

hello aasif…
      it is a genuine query hope some one will provide a solution as soon as possible….
      regards

Hi aasif,
      Well there is nothing like believing which tool is correct and which one is incorrect. I presume that there must be some error which your friend makes while dealing with optigrating. As you know the equations are same in both the tools hence the probability of being incorrect of any of the tool is very small. I would suggest you to do exhaustive analysis on using it in optigrating and compare it with results shown by MATLAb. There must not be a huge difference.
      Thanks and regards

Hi Aasif

I believe that if the program is regarding power coupling then it should work more properly in optigrating or optisytem. As i know about my program that i was trying to simulate in Matlab i could not get any result at all in Matlab But got the required results in Optisytem as it was meant to be for that. So i would suggest u to take the results of OptiGrating as the results u require. Rest I believe someone who has better knowledge of your query would answer it better.

Best Regards

Burhan

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

dear all

OptiGrating is for analysing the effect of gratings in optical fibres or other waveguides. It is true that propagation outside the waveguide is not considered, as this is outside the scope of the software’s function. The initial condition supposes unit power in a fibre or waveguide mode. OptiGrating then calculates the power the grating(s) scatter into other waveguide modes (or to the back propagating direction).
      If your simulation includes coupling into and out of the waveguide, OptiGrating by itself will not do your simulation. The OptiGrating results could be used as part of the simulation, but they will not be the entire solution.
      this is the reply of the optiwave.
      when my freind asked them about the coupling problem

Tanveer
      Participant

thank you aasif bashir for giving the detailed information about the optigrating, and the problem which was under discussion here…
      hope the efforts put by the people like you will be worth for the beginners in the field of optigrating….

with regards
      tanveer

MHD NA
      Participant

I presume that there must be some error which your friend makes while dealing with optigrating. As you know the equations are same in both the tools hence the probability of being incorrect of any of the tool is very small. I would suggest you to do exhaustive analysis on using it in optigrating and compare it with results shown by MATLAb. There must not be a huge difference.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi aasif bashir,

I agree with MHD that there must be some mistake while dealing with the optigrating… I would also suggest you to go for thorough analysis… There definitely will be a difference… Hope it helps..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.