Home Forums GENERAL problem when opening files

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hello, please i have downloading same examples simulation under optisystem 9 from hot topic but i can’t open this project i don’t know where is the problem? can you help me.

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Gherbi,

OptiSystem older versions do not support files created by OptiSystem newer versions, while the newer versions support files created by older ones. The file you are trying to open is most probably created by a newer version than version 9 and that’s why you can’t open it.

Regards

Hoat Le
      Participant

i agree comment of you !

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

thanks for reply. i have optisystem 9 in owr laboratory and since its an example from hot topics that all the exapmles are under optisystem 9. also i try open another file, its ok.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi gherbi mohamed,

As well as the other members, I agree with the “newer versions rule”, which is pretty common for software updates and probably the main reason in your case. Just want to add from my side that I checked with one of my colleagues who has a version of OptiSystem 9.0, and he could not open this file as well. I would recommend you to check the description of this “hot topic” and see what version of the software was used there. Most likely, it’s higher…

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

thank you. this is the link of this examples ( hot topics):

OptiSystem – Hot Topics

alistu
        Participant

As far as I know about OptiSystem versions, OptiSystem 9 had some major changes in terms of the added components and so on from the former versions. So I think here “simulation files for optisystem 9+” means the components used in these simulations can be found in versions 9 and newer, and it does not necessarily mean the files can be run by version 9. However, I believe it should have been mentioned in a more clear way.

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

ok, thanks for everyone.
      nice day

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.