Home Forums SYSTEM Problem in Design

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Rahul Tiwari
      Participant

Greetings Everyone

I have just joined the forum today and am in need of help in my design.. I am facing a problem in optisystem and it is affecting my system design… The problem is that when i increase the number of sequence length generated from bit sequence generator to around half a million i get the error : CIDScheduler error while calculating the component… I am unable to remove this error.. I also tried to google it but I got no solution… Anyone please help..

Thanks & Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Rahul,
      First of all welcome to the forum.
      What is the last sequence length when you are able to run the simulation?
      Regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello. Good Morning. Greetings from my side.

I believe your problem has more to do with high sequence length as suggested by all other members. You can not use such a high valued sequence length it. No doubt it does reduce your probability of error in the sent sequence but your machine should support such large length.

With Regards
        Atul Sharma

varinder singh
      Participant

helllo .rahul……
      i think your problem is not too lenghthy……….you just increase your ram………it will help you in your project
      thanks

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello VArinder. Greetings.
        I believe You too have a point. As i mentioned in the previous comment also that ones’ machine should support such huge sequence length. And i don’t understand why he is taking such a huge sequence length.
        I hope he understands the pros and cons of increasing the length.

With regards
        Atul Sharma

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Rahul Tiwari,
      The sequence length you have mentioned is where you have set. If you are setting sequence length in the layout properties then I would suggest you not to use so large value as half a million rather try to use some middle ranged values such as 4096 in most of the cases its gives better results, you can increase further but it will cost you lots of simulation time. want to add one more thing that the sequence length should be a power of 2. Thanking you

Regards,
      Dhiman

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello dhiman. Greetings.

I completely agree with you it will cost him lots of simulation time. And thanks for mentioning the important point of sequence length being power of two here. I hope this will give him a good idea about how to choose the sequence.

With Regards
        Atul Sharma

Ubaid Bhat
      Participant

hello rahul tiwari…
      first of all welcum…
      As far as your sequence length is concerned i think you first try some lower values as it wil much longer simulation time for longer values.i also agree with dhamain kakati in saying that you should try some middle value like 4096 for better results.hope your problem gets resolved.
      with regards
      ubaid bhat

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Ubaid. Greetings.

Right. Your suggestion is valid. But he can start with lower values like 128 which is a default sequence length if you open the layout parameters.
        I hope this will help him in due course/.

With regards
        Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Rahul Tiwari,

First of all i welcome you to the optiwave forum..As pointed out by Aabid Baba, I want to know the last sequence length at which you are able to run the simulation properly ?

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi Rahul Tiwari,

welcome to the forum! As suggested by Dhiman Kakati Sir try not to use so large value as half a million rather try to use some middle ranged values such as 4096… I also believe that in most of the cases it gives better results..

Regards
      Ankita Sharma

jyoti raina
      Spectator

Hello Rahul Sir..
      i agree to most of the replies given by the forum members… I myself had a doubt about the determining the sequence length but i kept it as it was i.e 128 and my results were not that bad.. i hope u will do the same and try checking your results. Thank you for raising the query.

Regards
      jyoti Raina

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Jyoti, While taking more sequence length i.e. considering more bits at a time give a better results in constellation as well as eye diagram as more points are considered and plotted.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Remo De Suza
      Participant

Hi Rahul Tiwari.

can you please tell me why have you opted for such large sequence length. It is very confusing. I am also new to the tool may be i may find your query useful in coming time so i want to know the basics behind choosing such large valued sequence length.
      Thank You And regards
      Remo

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Rahul tiwari
      Welcome to optiforum.
      Well the error you have just mentioned has not to do with the valid sequence length. But with your system memory. When you increase your sequence length. .the number of data samples the system gets simulated upon is increased to a large extent. .but if your system memory doesn’t suffice for this number of sequence length, you’d surely face an error.
      In order to affirm this , I’d suggest you to simulate your osd file on a system with sufficient memory. Let’s see if the problem persists.

All the best.
      Regards
      Naazira Badar.

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hi Naazira. Greetings from my side.

You have made a valid point here. Varinder had also mentioned the same. I think the point you people have put forth can be responsible for the error. But let’s first hear from Rahul the reason why he has chosen such a huge sequence length.

With Regards
        Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Naazira,

I agree with your view that the error might have nothing to do with the valid sequence length but with your system memory….I would also suggest you to simulate your osd file on a system with sufficient memory. Let’s see if the problem persists.

All the best.
      Regards
      Sahil Singh…

Ubaid Bhat
      Participant

hi rahul tiwari…
      well by increasing the number of sequence length generated from bit sequence generator gives you good eye diagram but the increasing length will also increase the simulation time many folds. So your system configuration should be good enough for such a large simulation time. So better is to take an appropriate sequence length to avoid such an error.hope you got my point.
      with regards
      ubaid bhat

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi all,

I seem to endorse ubaids view that by increasing the number of sequence length will also increase the simulation time…Thus we need to ensure appropriate configuration of the system for a large simulation time…

Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Ankita Sharma. Greetings from my side.

yes i also agree with what ubaid has to say. I too think that increasing the sequence length will increase the simulation time because more bits per sample will have to be processed and this would definitely require some time. I believe this is an important point he has mentioned over here.

With Regards
      Atul Sharma

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hello Rahul Tiwari,

The sequence length you have mentioned is where you have set. If you are setting sequence length in the layout properties then I would suggest you not to use so large value as half a million rather try to use some middle ranged values such as 4096 in most of the cases its gives better results, you can increase further but it will cost you lots of simulation time. want to add one more thing that the sequence length should be a power of 2. Thanking you

Regards

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.