Home Forums SYSTEM Problem connecting input and output

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      koll
      Participant

Hi I got problem connecting my output port subsystem to another input port. Please help. Thank you. Please find attached OSD file

alistu
      Participant

Hi Koll,

Please see if you intended to make connections as in the file attached. This is a common problem that I have also encountered many times, especially when I was using 32-bit OptiSystem (I don’t know if it has anything to do with that) and when I use a lot of subsystems.

The problem is, you make a connection and then look inside a subsystem or save the file. After that, you see that connection is gone! And of course you cannot connect it again, as “cannot connect an already connected port”. But what is really going on is that the connection is established and if you close the software and then open the file again, you can see it there. So every time you see an already established connection not being there, restart the software.

Regards

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi koll,

The only thing I have done is replacing the WDM Demux with Ideal Demux (I could have just modified the WDM Demux characteristics instead of using ideal demux by the way). Please download and just run the simulation and verify if the BER in the upstream is acceptable.

Regards

Attachments:
        koll
        Participant

Hi But I would like to input frequency for the demux. 🙁 Could you show me how to ues wdm demux instead?

thank you.

koll
      Participant

Hi But I would like to input frequency for the demux. 🙁 Could you show me how to ues wdm demux instead?

thank you.

Sasha
      Participant

Hi All,

I tried implementing the same WDM PON but I used the bidirectional feeder fiber and connected optical delay between feeder fiber and AWG. When I am running the simulation, Optisystem is closed.

I attached a file here.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
      kelly howard
      Participant

hi i have changed APD to PIN and it run smoothly

kelly howard
      Participant

hi sasha,

i tried to run the simulation u have upload with APD changed to PIN, the result is bad. The BER is 1 be it upstream or downstream

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Kelly,

That is upstream. I changed the WDM demux Wavelength, now I am getting two eye diagrams properly.

I designed WDM-PON, datarate = 10Gbps, channel spacing = 100Ghz, one bidirectinal feeder fiber, add an optical delay between feeder fiber and AWG.

I am not getting the proper eye diagram. Do you have any idea, how to get ?

Thanks in advance.

Sasha
      Participant

Hi all,

One more question, I used bidrectional feeder fiber with wavelength = 1500nm but in WDM PON, I used different wavelength to transmit in the fiber, how it works?

Thanks in advance.

Sasha
      Participant

Hi all,

Here I have attached a file.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.