Home Forums GENERAL PRNG repeats Bitsequence after 1250 Bits

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello Everyone.

I used the PRNG which is implemented in Optisystem to create either 0 or 1 each iteration. I did a statistical test and realised, that the bitsequence created by the PRNG repeats after 1250 Bits. I tried it with 10.000 iterations, which gave me a Sequence of 10.000 Bits. Those 10.000 Bits consist of 8 identical sequences of 1250 Bits.

I would like to have confirmation from you, so I can this in my master thesis.

Thank you!

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Alexander,
      You may use the User Defined Bit Sequence Generator and load your own sequence in the field Filename, or use Pseudo-Random Bit Sequence Generator component and select Alternate in the field of the Operation mode. The later option gives you alternate 0 and 1 with equal numbers in the sequence. If you’d like to discuss further, please send me an email to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Alexander,
      You may use the User Defined Bit Sequence Generator and load your own sequence in the field Filename, or use Pseudo-Random Bit Sequence Generator component and select Alternate in the field of the Operation mode. The later option gives you alternate 0 and 1 with equal numbers in the sequence. If you’d like to discuss further, please send me an email to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.