Home Forums SYSTEM Practical Implementation of GPON

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

Hi, I am moving towards practical implementation of GPON on a small scale as a project. I have gone through alot of examples and experiments simulated on optisystem and tried myself. Can someone suggest me, how to move on towards its practical implementation and vendor that would relatively be less expensive. Thanks

Hello Shahbaz,

It is really very nice idea. As far as i am concerned i would like to suggest that you can start up by designing a prototype of your implementation at first place and check what are your desirable outputs from your implementation. You should first try to simulate your design and for that there is no better tool than optisystem.
      I hope you would look at various simulated examples and then only decide to implement it.
      Anyways All the best.

Regards

Burhan

+4
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Shahbaz,
      I agree with Burhan Num Mina. I too would suggest you to try to simulate your design. She is right you you can start up by designing a prototype of your implementation at first place and check what are your desirable outputs from your implementation. For you should be clear about the desirable specifications of your product and then only you can go for implementation. I hope this will be helpful to you.

Regards

+1

Hi.
      I agree with both Mr Burhan and Mr Aabid. It is better if you first simulate your design and then go for practical implementation.
      Thanks

+6
      Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

Hi All,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have already performed simulation and designed the system using optisystem. however, i was planning to move towards practical implementation. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Hi.
      I believe it is very difficult to implement any optical communication system at personal level. You must have all the required modules which include a transreceivers high end cables amplifiers and all the stuff required to set up any optical communication system.
      In addition to it you wont easily get the modules from the vendors. I hope you understand my point of concern here.

Thanks

+9
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Shahbaz,

As far as the requirements are concerned for the practical set up i would agree with Hamza Ali Abbas Khan. You need to get all the components for the setup and it may not be that easy.
      Anyways All the best.
      Hope you get your problem solves as soon as possible.
      Regards

+1
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.