Home Forums FDTD Power spectrum w/o opening analyzer file

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Randi Haakenaasen
      Participant

Hi – I’m trying to find the difference in light emission from a semicnductor SC through a passivation layer, where the latter is either uniform or has a trianglar lattice of holes etched though it. The photons are created by photoluminesce inside the SC, so I need a number of originating locations for the photons, both in the horisontal and vertical directions, which means a number of simulations.

1. How can I get the Power Spectrum Py from each simulation without opening each Analyzer file and calculating/saving? I’d like the program to Write the spectrum to an ascii file that I can open or add it to an Excel file. The CalcNormalizedPowerSpectrum and
      CalcPowerSpectrum from the VB Script ‘unction for Observation Line’ apparently only Works in 2D, while I want to use the 3D simulation. I also have not got the Sweep to work.

2. Can a point source have an extension so that it could cover all positions in the triangular lattice unit cell, thereby reducing the number of photon starting Points to different vertical coordinates?

Timothy McDonald
      Participant

Randi,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am in a similar situation at the moment and would appreciate any insight you gained?

Best,
      Tim

Scott Newman

Randi,

For your first point have you looked at using Observation areas instead of observation lines? The observation areas have the function CalculatePowerSpectrumTotal which I believe would fit your requirements.

I am not entirely certain what you are asking in terms of capabilities for the point source. Are you asking for a point source to independently excite multiple grid points within your unit cell? Have you looked at setting up a script that can move your source for each simulation?

Scott Newman

Timothy,

Which part of Randi’s problem are you also dealing with?

Scott

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.