Home Forums GENERAL power meter

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

i want to that power meter in the optical analyzer measured which of the following power levels
      1)average
      2)RMS
      3)peak

replys will be appreciated.please be brief and not go theory perpective of power level.(just answer the qustion)

with regards

Hi aasif bashir dar

I believe the power measured by most of the power meters is average power as we know average power=true power so i believe the component in optisystem that you are talking about would also be measuring average or true power.

Regards

Burhan

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi burhan,
      yeah you are right
      now i got that in component labrary(because the software was available now to me)
      This visualizer allows the user to calculate and display the average power of optical signals

with regards

HI AASIF BASHIR..
      As far as your query is concerned i would suggest you to have a look at the documentation of the component by going to the component help option..i believe you would get your query answered there only…but as burhan mentioned it possibly will be the average…reason she mentioned..i hope it will be helpful to you..
      Thanks and regards

Hi all

Yeah aasif i thought so i had read about power meter in RF but was not sure of optical power meter. Anyways its good that ur doubt is clearified now.
      Faiqa Naqshbandi i believe in the component explanation it only mentions that it measures the output power but doesn’t say much about the type . Thats why this query was raised.

Regards

Burhan

HELLO BURHAN..
        I have not as such gone through the documentation of the power meter but i suggested it because i thought it will be a basic thing where it can be mentioned.. But its strange it is not…Anyway thanks for sharing the information..
        Thanks & regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

thanks every one for there valuable replies;
      any way problem is solved

with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi aasif bashir,

You are welcome… And thanks everyone for your valuable suggestion…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Hi All

You are welcome aasif bashir dar

Regards

Burhan

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.