Home Forums SYSTEM polymer fiber

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mohammed hosni
      Participant

I would like to ask how can i use PMMA polymer fiber with optisystem or using matlab to buld the model and use it by optisysrem

Damian Marek
      Participant

If you have the dispersion information and nonlinear information you can use the fiber model in OptiSystem directly. What details do you have about the polymer fiber?

Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Hi mohammed hosni,

Did you design this fiber by yourself or you are following / testing some published / announced results? In general, I agree with Damian: you need to specify the parameters of your fiber and then try to match them with software models.

mohammed hosni
      Participant

please i need to design WDM communication system by using PMMA polymer fiber with the following parameter attenuation 150 db/km , length 20 m,temperature 70 Celsius,core size 980 micro meter , cladding size 1mm.
      as there isn’t PMMA polymer fiber component in optisystem so i need to model PMMA polymer fiber with the mentioned parameter using matlab component. if there is another way to use optical fiber component in optisystem please tell me it if not please tell me how i can model first glass optical fiber using matlab component to compare the results with the optical fiber component which already exist in optisystem software .
      then i will model PMMA polymer fiber.
      i need your help for my master degree study.
      thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.