Home Forums KNOWLEDGE Polymer Fiber [Optical Fiber]

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Question:

Which software product is best suited for simulating polymer optical fiber?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Answer:

The software OptiFiber can analyse properties of any optical fiber with circular symmetry. If you have data on the refractive index profile of a POF, OptiFiber can accept this and calculate modes, mode measures, dispersion, and various kinds of losses.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Did optisystem have “polymer optical fiber” as a component like, standard single mode fiber?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Not yet, but there has been a lot of interest in this area and we definitely are also interested in including models.

Ravil
      Participant

Thanks for updates, Damian!

mohammed hosni
      Participant

how can i model polymer fiber by optifiber software to use it in optisystem

musabtr1
      Participant

is there any online database for polymer optical properties. I appreciate sharing

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

It would be interesting to this online database.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Mohammed_hosni Hi,
      You asked? “how can i model polymer fiber by optifiber software to use it in optisystem”

As explained by Damian Marek in the previous comment, the software OptiFiber can analyse properties of POF with circular symmetry, according to your data on the refractive index profile of a POF. OptiFiber accept this and calculate modes, mode measures, dispersion, and various kinds of losses. Once you get the desired performance you can try the procedure as suggested in the following forum post:

Optisystem with optifiber

May I request members to please search the key word at forum home: https://optiwave.com/forums/, most of the answer you can find there.

After following the instruction in the forum, one can ask questions and difficulties.
      I think that will be more interesting and useful.
      Regards.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Thank you Damian for sharing this.as i wanted to make a NZDSF ,mow make it in optifiber.Also thank you RK SETHI for sharing such a good information

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Abhishek Hi,
      Welcome. Your are also one of the active participant of the Forum. Actively asking questions and solving problems / difficulties of the members.
      Regards.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.