Home Forums SYSTEM polymer fiber model

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mohammed hosni
      Participant

dear sir
      i have problem
      my master degree depend on simulation polymer fiber using optisystem and i have not polymer fiber component
      so i have used parabolic multimode component and make the attenuation and dispersion and dispersion slope in Script mode as i make component Script . the project is CWDM with 2 optical sources . and we knoe that Attenuation And dispesion depend on the optical source wavelength
      my quesion is how can i make the Attenuation and dispersion work with the these two freuency??
      here is the parabolic component script :
      FileName = “C:\Users\oe\Desktop\index_700.txt”
      Dim FileSystemObject
      Dim ThisComponent_array(2,3)
      Dim ip_array(2)
      Dim OutF
      Set FileSystemObject = CreateObject(“Scripting.FileSystemObject”)
      Set OutF = FileSystemObject.CreateTextFile(FileName, True)
      Dim ThisComponent
      Set ThisComponent = GetThisComponent()
      Dim par
      Set par = Document.GetComponentParameter( “”,”CW Laser”,”Frequency”)
      Set par_1 = Document.GetComponentParameter( “”,”CW Laser_1″,”Frequency”)
      parval = Document.GetComponentParameterValue( “”,1, “CW Laser”,”Frequency”)
      parval_1 = Document.GetComponentParameterValue( “”,1, “CW Laser_1″,”Frequency”)
      ip_array(0)=parval
      ip_array(1)=parval_1
      TextLine = “”
      TextLine = TextLine+”the frequancy of the first source =”+ CStr( ip_array(0) ) + ” ”
      OutF.WriteLine( TextLine )
      TextLine = “”
      TextLine = TextLine+”the frequancy of the second source =”+ CStr( ip_array(1) ) + ” ”
      ParameterName1=”Dispersion”
      ParameterName2=”Attenuation”
      ParameterName3=”Dispersion slope”
      ‘dispersion Slope
      for i=0 to 1ParameterValue2=1.15*10^(-5)*(8000/ip_array(i))+13*(633/ip_array(i))^(4)
      ThisComponent.SetParameterValue ParameterName2, ParameterValue2*1.0
      ‘define parameters
      T0=300’Romm temperature in K
      T=300’Romm temperature in K
      C=3*10^(5)’Speed of light in space
      ‘define sellemier Parameters for cytop
      s1=0.6749
      s2=0.9472*(T/T0)
      s3=0.4383
      s4=0.9764*(T/T0)
      s5=0.1596
      s6=12.56 *(T/T0)
      ‘define sellemier equation
      n1=(1+((s1*ip_array(i)^(2))/(ip_array(i)^(2)-s2^(2)))+((s3*ip_array(i)^(2))/(ip_array(i)^(2)-s4^(2)))+((s5*ip_array(i)^(2))/(ip_array(i)^(2)-s6^(2))))^(0.5)
      dn1dX=-1*(ip_array(i)/n1)*((s1*s2^(2))/((ip_array(i)^(2)-s2^(2))^(2))+(s3*s4^(2))/((ip_array(i)^(2)-s4^(2))^(2))+(s5*s6^(2))/((ip_array(i)^(2)-s6^(2))^(2)))’%Ist derivitive of n w.r.t X
      ‘2nd derivitive of n1
      dn2dX=1*(1/n1)*((((s1*s2^(2))*(3*ip_array(i)^(2)+s2^(2)))/((ip_array(i)^(2)-s2^(2))^(3))+((s3*s4^(2))*(3*ip_array(i)^(2)+s4^(2)))/((ip_array(i)^(2)-s4^(2))^(3))+((s5*s6^(2))*(3*ip_array(i)^(2)+s6^(2)))/((ip_array(i)^(2)-s6^(2))^(3)))-(dn1dX)^(2))
      dn3dX=dn1dX*((3*ip_array(i)*dn1dX)/(n1*(ip_array(i)^(2)-s2^(2)))+((dn1dX)^(2)/n1^(2))-(6/(ip_array(i)^(2)-s2^(2)))+(6*(3*ip_array(i)^(2)+s2^(2))/(ip_array(i)^(2)-s2^(2))^(2))-((2*dn2dX)/n1))
      ParameterValue1=((-1*ip_array(i)*dn2dX)/C)*10^(12)
      ThisComponent.SetParameterValue ParameterName1, ParameterValue1 *1.0
      ParameterValue3=(-1*(dn2dX+(ip_array(i)*dn3dX))/C)*10^(12)’dispersion Slope
      ThisComponent.SetParameterValue ParameterName3, ParameterValue3*1.0
      ParameterValue3=((1.58*(10^(-12)))*exp((1.15*10^(4))/ip_array(i))+(13*(633/ip_array(i))^(4)))
      ThisComponent.SetParameterValue ParameterName2, ParameterValue2*1.0
      TextLine = “”
      TextLine = TextLine+”When the Frequency =”+ CStr( ip_array(i) ) + ” ”
      TextLine = TextLine+”Then the resulted Dispersion =”+ CStr( ParameterValue1 )+ ” ”
      TextLine = TextLine+”,and The Dispersion slope =”+ CStr( ParameterValue3 )+ ” ”
      ThisComponent_array(i,0)=ip_array(i)
      ThisComponent_array(i,1)=ParameterValue1
      ThisComponent_array(i,2)=ParameterValue3
      Next
      OutF.Close
      the attached file is project

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

You won’t be able to make the component load individual files for individual frequencies. But the file should relate the frequency to dispersion anyways, so I don’t really understand.

Your file should have sufficient frequency data to apply it to what frequencies is input.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.